Throughout history, new technologies have transformed agricultural productivity with bursts of innovation.
Key & Company works with companies that want to maximize the value of their proprietary technologies.
Technologies offer new opportunities to improve the quality and safety of our food supply. These include:
- Identity preservation systems from field to final use so consumers may be assured of the origins of what they eat.
- Internet technologies that offer food companies more efficient procurement systems and distribution systems.
- Bio-engineered foods (recognizing the raging controversies) that deliver specific vitamins and proteins in preventing malnutrition
- Testing and detection systems for trace contaminants
Key & Company believes there will be many innovations that will give new competitive opportunities to agribusiness companies, including:
- Transgenic plant and animal systems that provide proteins and products for human health.
- Wireless devices that retrieve and transmit production information from growing crops through geosynchronous satellite systems.
- Information technologies which connect consumer demand more quickly to on farm production decisions.
- New systems which allow for sustainable production systems
- Improved bio-energy materials from cellulosic sources (corn stover, shrub willow and wheat straw)